Sunday, September 29, 2019

Smells like Autumn

 “Notice that autumn is more the season of the soul than of nature.”


I found this quote on the web, and it won't be more accurate at least for me at this moment, the autumn feels more in the soul than in the environment, I don't know if is because I'm feeling the hangover of my recent birthday or realizing I turned 45, Yikes!!
Well, in summer I barely cook because in Tampico the weather is sooo hot and humid today, but today is a rainy day and I'm in the mood of cooking something simple but delicious.
I have a carrot, a mexican zucchini and a broccoli stem in the fridge and quinoa, perfect ingredients for a soup! as I'm a kitchen appliance geek, I grab my spiralizer and started spiralizing the veggies.
For the quinoa, I rinsed 2/3 cup and put into the rice cooker with 1 1/3 cup of water, it will make 2 cups of cooked quinoa.
Meanwhile, I had some chicken stock and I put in the stove until boil, then added the veggies add salt and pepper and turned off.
As I like to make my meals in advance on Sunday, I filled out some mason jars with the soup and 1/3 cup of quinoa each one for my next week lunch, I'm planning to serve it with avocado or maybe some "panela" cheese.
Fluffy Quinoa

My packed veggie and quinoa soup

I also have some quinoa left  for use  later in the week
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment